Copper is one of the most vital commodities in the world, as its presence dominates the industrial world. Given its popularity in the practical world, it should come as no surprise to see the metal be a key trading instrument for a number of commodity investors. In order to make proper trades on the fast-paced copper industry, investors must stay on top of developing news and breaking trends. One of the best ways to keep updates on copper markets and trends is to utilize Twitter. It may be difficult for some to view Twitter as a viable source for trading info, but there are a number of professionals who aim their tweets at keeping their followers in-the-know. Below, we outline 10 must-follow copper Tweeple to give you the best information for your commodity trades [see also 13 Ways To Invest In Copper].
- @Coppertalk: Coppertalk is a traders dream, as this Twitter account features multiple daily tweets about the copper industry to its 3,600+ followers.
- @Doctorcopper: Doctor Copper not only sells copper bullion, but also tweets constantly to its fan base. This handle will focus more on the technical side of the commodity rather than developing news.
- @RioTinto: One of the largest copper miners in the world, Rio Tinto’s Twitter will give investors a very specified point of view on the copper industry. Note that this account is less active than the majority of the others on this list.
- @Metalbulletin: This account features tweets regarding base metals from all across the commodity world, including consistent updates on copper and trends concerning the reddish-brown metal.
- @Mineweb: This account focuses on the mining of all metals, giving a good look into the supply side of the copper equation.
- @ModernMetalsMag: Modern Metals is a relatively small account that sets its sights on industrial metals. Tweets are generally geared towards emerging trends to try and keep investors ahead of the curve.
- @HAinvestor: Hard Assets Investors offers a comprehensive source for all things commodity. Its Twitter is the most active on this list and will often feature updates on copper.
- @MCXtweets: The MCX exchange is based in India and will give you a more international view on this industrial metal.
- @FTcommodities: The Financial Times Twitter account focuses on the broad world of commodities but will be sure to bring you constant updates on copper.
- @CommodityHQ: Last but certainly not least, following our Twitter feed will provide you with great details on the copper world and developments on its price movements.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our free daily commodity investing newsletter.
Photo courtesy of Jonathan Zander.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.