Options investing is one of the safest and most effective ways to add exposure to risky assets like commodities. Options allow users to limit their downside risk while also affording the opportunity of making speculative calls on all kinds of assets. But keeping up with options and all of the various trading methodologies out there can be a difficult task. Luckily, there are plenty of well-versed Twitter experts around the internet to help you get a handle on how to properly use option contracts as well as actionable trade ideas. Below, we outline 100 must-follow options traders on Twitter (in no particular order) [for more trading news and analysis subscribe to our free newsletter].
These accounts are the most active with their tweets and updates.
- @HamzeiAnalytics: One of the most active and most followed (100,000+) options traders on the list.
- @vader7x: An extremely active user who focuses on all things active trading.
- @Dvolatility: Tweets from the Chief Financial System Restructuring Officer at DistressedVolatility.com.
- @CMEGroup: A must follow for any trader as the account already has more than 750,000 loyal fans.
- @bidus_eu: A Twitter handle that offers you consistent market up dates and breaking news.
- @CBOE: The Chicago Board Options Exchange is the largest options exchange in the country.
- @OptionPit: A source that aims to provide useful information for traders of all levels.
- @OptionsProfits: An account ran by The Street’s Jill Malandrino focused on options trading.
- @FuturesTrader71: A professional trader who is also a principle at a brokerage firm.
- @WhatsTrading: Real time updates on the busy world of trading.
- @Options_newsnow: An extremely active resource that deserves more attention than it receives.
- @traderblast: A futures and options trading firm that features constant updates.
- @stevenplace: A great account for those looking to bounce ideas off of, as he seems to be relatively active with his 8,000+ followers.
- @jimbinder: Jim Binder is an extremely active Twitter user as well as seasoned options trader.
- @optionsizzle: Josh Belanger’s account is dedicated to teaching and mentoring other options investors.
- @pallwoll: A trading guru and mentor who is quite active with his audience.
- @coppertrades: A trading coach with plenty of tips and ideas for options investors.
- @iOptionsFutures: Features breaking news on options and futures.
- @OptionsFeed: This options resource may just be the most active on out list.
- @FuturesMagazine: Tweets concerning news and analysis on futures and options trading.
The following Twitter accounts fall under the general options knowledge category.
- @EnricoMalverti: A quantitative analyst with frequent tweets on options trades.
- @optstrategist: Lawrence McMillan’s tweets will be helpful for options traders of all kinds.
- @Kaitlyn_Kiernan: An options reporter for Dow Jones as well as a WSJ contibutor.
- @MomentumOptions: An options trader with a solid track record to accompany its many tweets.
- @CondorOptions: Jared Woodard publishes options research and manages a volatility arbitrage strategy for clients.
- @redliontrader: A trader focused on the futures and options world.
- @harmongreg: A CFA with a firm grasp of the surrounding financial world.
- @SFOmag: Stocks, Futures, and Options magazine will be a good news-based source for your trades.
- @OptionsBeat: Tweets from two Bloomberg options specialists.
- @trademonster: Names the best for options traders three consecutive years by Barron’s.
- @CannonFutures: A great broad-based resource for investors.
- @JLNOptions: An options blog focused on news and issues in the market.
- @option_maestro: An equity and options trader based out of NYC.
- @optionschoices: The Twitter account for optionschoices.com.
- @ILimitsTrade: Focuses on all things day trading.
- @TradePrepared: An active options trader chock full of actionable ideas.
- @SriramaTanniru: A professional derivatives trader with plenty to say about today’s financial landscape.
- @LSFinancialInst: An active trading resource with more than 50,000 followers.
The Casual Investor
The following resources are for your casual options investor.
- @MarkWolfinger: A popular options trader who focuses on helping beginners get their feet wet.
- @optionmonster: Jon Najarian’s account focuses on the broad world of options for its 37,000+ followers.
- @Dan_Passarelli: As a former CBOE floor trader, Dan uses his experience to mentor option traders.
- @optionalpha: A full time options trader with a focus on the overall trading industry.
- @tradingtrainer: An account for A.J. Brown who helps to train traders across the nation.
- @OptionPundit: A great broad-based resource for options traders.
- @1OptionsTrading: Focuses on broad options investing with a good tilt towards those looking to get their feet wet in the industry.
- @FintecGroup: A financial group that actively tweets and serves clients in three different languages.
- @iTradePod: A professional trading firm to keep you up to date with all things active trading.
- @tradepips: An account dedicated to helping you trade wiser and discover the best traders.
- @TradersLog: A Chicago-based company dedicates towards active traders and its 14,000+ followers.
- @TradeGreeks: An account that seeks to make options investing easy for all traders.
- @SethF_SMB: The director of an options training program for investors who are more new to the concept.
- @AngieMiles: A CBOE correspondent and options enthusiast.
- @schaeffers: An account that promises to eat, sleep, and breathe options.
- @2TradersClub: Ran by options traders who focus on straight calls and puts.
- @ivolatility: A website dedicated to providing the best options data and analysis.
- @TheMarketMakerr: A trader dedicated on educating and informing others.
- @johnfcarter: The founder of SimplerOptions.com as well as an active trader.
- @MarketClub: Another strong resource for futures and options trading.
These accounts are designed specifically for those who have a wealth of experience with options.
- @rolcol325: A futures and options trader as well as a former CBOE member.
- @mmassasin: Features actionable trades for serious investors and traders.
- @optionbob: This account wins the prize for best picture but don’t let that fool you, it is run by an expert in behavioral finance.
- @Kgirljohnson: A full time trader of stocks and options with strong opinions on the market.
- @CoherentCapital: Mark Garbin is a derivatives specialist committed to the best execution of institutional options.
These Tweeple hone in on a particular sector or asset.
- @agwarner: An options trader with more than 30,000 tweets under his belt focusing on the VIX.
- @OptionsHawk: Joe Kunkle’s account features 11,000+ followers as he focuses on equity swing trades.
- @CRFN: DeWayne Reeves runs his Twitter which focuses on e-mini S&P 500 options and futures.
- @tmcronin31: An active options trader that focuses on the grains market.
- @IndianaGrainCo: Former speculator for CME Group with a focus on grains trading.
- @attitrade: Darren Miller’s Twitter focuses on equity options trades.
- @brysapp: An options trader who focuses on volatility and swing trades.
- @mrclean99: An options trader with efforts focused on the precious metals world.
- @VIXandMore: An active trader who focuses on the world of volatility.
- @FXCM: A great account for those wishing to focus on forex opportunities.
- @Options_Edu: Focuses on providing details for equity options and trades.
- @volatilitytrade: Frank Caruthers’ account will focus on volatility arbitrage among other things.
- @BLL141CBOT: William Montgomery focuses on trading agricultural commodities.
- @Fitzstock2004: An active trader geared towards fixed income.
- @RussellRhoads: A trader who focuses on option spread trading and VIX derivatives.
These accounts are personally-run by their authors.
- @Stockguy22: An options trader with active updates and over 50,000 followers.
- @cjccasey: A trader whose tweets cover the general financial world as well as options.
- @sangluccitrades: The personal Twitter of an active options trader.
- @ScottNations: An account updated by a CNBC contributor and options enthusiast.
- @focus_on_risk: A professional derivatives trader with more than 7,500 followers.
- @larrfooter: A full time options and futures trader with a very active account.
- @AlexFotopoulos: The tweets of a trader who posts every single trade that he makes for all the world to see.
- @Love_To_Trade: A self-proclaimed option trading junkie with plenty to say about the markets.
- @OptionsTrader31: A personal blog from a very experienced trader.
- @OptiontradinIQ: An active trader who focuses on iron condors and credit spreads.
- @BoricuaTrader: Tweets from a part time day trader who focuses on swing strategies.
- @desifinance: Features a focus on swing trades on ETFs and options.
- @MockTrade: An active trader who focuses on swing trades and hedging.
- @MNYCx: A very active stock and options trader with plenty to say.
- @SwatOptions: A trader looking to to make enough money to quit a day job through options trading.
- @SJosephBurns: A very active trader who often interacts with his 9,400+ followers.
- @OptionRunners: The thoughts and ideas of a full time swing trader.
- @Option_Trading: A stock and options trader who will be sure to keep you up to date on the daily developments of the trading world.
- @gtotoy: A day trader that updates you on recent options calls and strategies.
- @dboysinc: Another trader detailing his opinions on the market.
- @CJMendes: Owner, trader, and strategist at Trading Options For Income.
- @weeklyoptionsfu: A personal trader who details all trades made as well as performance record.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.