Over the past few years, natural gas has become one of the most popular commodities, as traders have been quick to embrace its high liquidity and volatility. Since the 2008 recession, natural gas prices have been on a slippery slope that has led them to exhibit some of the the lowest prices on a historical basis. While many argue whether or not this fossil fuel will have an integral part in our future energy consumption, it is clear that NG is one of the world’s most influential commodities. For those looking to stay up to date on natural gas futures and the commodity’s overall environment, we outline seven blogs to help give you a leg up on this volatile asset [see also 25 Ways To Invest In Natural Gas].
- Shale Blog: This blog features numerous daily updates and news stories concerning natural gas as well as policies and developments that will drive its price. Great article: Hydraulic Fracturing in North Carolina?
- American Gas Association: AGA tends to focus more on the supply side of natural gas while providing a macro view as opposed to technical trading advice. Great article: IGU Responds to Recent Natural Gas Myths, Aims to Educate Public.
- The Oil Drum: This blog sets its sights on the entire energy industry while still offering a nice focus on natural gas news and trends. Great article: Saudi Arabia and Natural Gas Liquids.
- West Virginia Natural Gas Blog: This blog is managed and run by Lewis Glasser Casey & Rollins, PLLC, who have an extensive background in the NG industry. Great article: IEA Report Forecasts ‘Low’ Natural Gas Prices Will Have Benefits.
- NaturalGas.org: Though this site does not feature regular news article, it is a one-stop shop for all things NG and anyone interested in learning more about this commodity.
- About Natural Gas: Another resource website, this blog, run by Exxon Mobil, offers compelling research and information on natural gas.
- Attain Capital Management: Attain’s blog comments on the overall market but it often features news updates for NG. Great article: Sky-High Talk on Low Natural Gas Prices.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.