Trading platinum has become a lucrative opportunity for investors as this precious metal has quickly become one of the most popular assets in the world. With its heavy use in the industrial world as well as its relatively volatile supply chain, platinum makes for an ideal trading instrument (although it can certainly be used as a part of a long-term strategy) for those who can stomach futures exchanges. One of the best ways to stay on top of platinum markets and trends is to utilize Twitter. It may be difficult for some to view Twitter as a viable source for trading info, but there are a number of professionals who aim their tweets at keeping their followers in-the-know. Below, we outline seven must-follow platinum Tweeple to give you the best information for your commodity trades [see also Jim Rogers Says: Buy Commodities Now, Or You’ll Hate Yourself Later].
- @Platinum_Trade: Platinum Trade, though it only has a handful of followers, is one of the best Twitter accounts for traders. Tweeting multiple times per day, Platinum Trade focuses its efforts on providing the most up to date information and actionable information for the Twitter universe [see also Precious Metals ETFs: Finding The Best Fit].
- @PlatinumTodayJM: This account, run by Johnson Matthey, focuses on all things platinum, whether it be actionable trading advice or simply news involving the metal. The account is extremely active so followers can expect hourly updates on all things platinum as well as other precious metals.
- @GoldMarket: Live Bullion Prices’ Twitter is one of the most widely followed resources for precious metals investing. Though the focus does not primarily fall on platinum, its tweets provide key insight into the overall precious metals industry. But don’t take our word for it, just ask any of their 12,000+ followers [see also 50 Ways To Invest In Gold].
- @CMEGroup: The CME is one of the most popular commodities exchanges in the world. Its Twitter features constant messages about any kind of developing trends across all commodities to its 750,000+ followers.
- @seeryfutures: Seery Futures, though its main focus lies on other commodities, will still be an important resource for platinum traders. As far as activity is concerned, Seery tweets anywhere between 20 and 50 times per day depending on trends they see developing in certain commodities.
- @hainvestor: Hard Assets Investor is a commodity-focused site who is extremely active in the Twitter world. With roughly 2,700 followers, the company is very quick to bring investing news to the forefront and often interacts with those who tweet at them. Again, this pick is not based on platinum alone, but keeping your eyes peeled can let you in on this precious metal [see also Ultimate Guide To Platinum Investing].
- @commodityhq: Last but not least, don’t forget to follow CommodityHQ for all of the most relevant commodity news and commentary. Our focus will certainly expand beyond platinum, but given the high activity of this commodity, you can be sure to receive frequent updates about platinum futures from our Twitter account.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our free daily commodity investing newsletter.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.