How to Buy Timber Stocks
Investors looking for timber exposure may want to consider investing in stocks of companies that are involved in the timber and forestry industry. That includes firms that own timberlands or forests or are engaged in the management or upstream supply chain. Companies related to this industry can include forest products companies, timber REITs, paper products companies, packaging companies, and agricultural products companies.
There are a number of companies engaged in various aspects of the timber industry, and these stocks should generally perform well when timber prices rise. Some examples include Sino-Forest Corporation, Rayoniew, Plum Creek Timber, and West Fraser Timber Co. For more ideas, see the list of holding for either of the two timber ETFs, CUT and WOOD.
Other Ways To Invest In Timber
Timber In The News
- U.S. Housing Market Faces Potential Headwinds
- Q2 Earnings Scorecard: Commodity Stock Hits And Misses
- Major Commodity Earnings This Week: Big Oil On Tap
- An Open Letter To The CKX Lands, Inc. Management And Board Of Directors
- Housing Data Remains Strong, But Lumber Prices Suffer
- Earnings Preview: TCP, LPX, BIP
- Earnings Preview: Weyerhaeuser (WY) & Halliburton (HAL)
- 3 Commodities For A Housing Recovery
- WOOD Flirts With Major Resistance Level
- High Yielding Commodities: Beyond Energy