What Are Wheat Futures?
There is a very active market for wheat futures on the Chicago Board of Trade, where these contracts trade under the symbol W (under the symbol ZW on the CME Globex). CBOT wheat futures contracts represent 5,000 bushels, or about 136 metric tons. The deliverable grade is #2 Soft Red Winter, with #1 Soft Red Winter deliverable at a 3 cent premium and certain other deliverable grades as well.
The contract months for CBOT wheat futures are March (H), May (K), July (N), September (U) and December (Z), and the last trading day is the business day prior to the 15th calendar day of the contract month.
Other Ways To Invest In Wheat
Wheat In The News
- Ukraine Ignores Russian Threats Against New EU Trade Deal
- U.S. Heatwave Draws Comparisons to 2012
- Monsanto Earnings Are In: Hits And Misses (MON)
- Contango Report: Natural Gas, Silver, Wheat Face Rising Prices
- Wheat Faces Potential Headwinds
- A Deeper Look At Russia’s Commodity Industry
- Contango Report: Commodities Facing Uphill Curves
- Shorter Trading Days For Grain And Soy Traders
- How Ags Will React to Last Year’s Drought
- Contango Report: Precious Metals, Natural Gas, Wheat