How to Invest in Solar
Solar power refers to the process of capturing energy emitted by the sun and converting it to a usable form of electricity or other power. Solar power has historically accounted for only a small portion of the global energy market, but some believe the potential of this alternative energy source is significant.
Solar power is not a traditional commodity, and cannot be traded like certain other agricultural or energy resources. Yet the solar power industry is connected directly to various commodities, as adoption of this alternative energy solution will have an impact on numerous commodities.
Investors obviously cannot invest directly in solar power, but there are a number of options available for gaining exposure to the solar power industry. In addition to stocks of companies engaged in production of solar panels and other aspects of solar power production, there are multiple ETFs offering exposure to the space.
Ways To Invest In Solar
Solar In The News
- 5 Commodity Stocks to Be Thankful for This Year
- Major Commodity Earnings This Week: ADM, DVN, TNH
- Japanese Government Policy Sets Solar On Fire
- First Solar (FSLR) Helps Industry Skyrocket
- Contrarian Alert: First Solar (FSLR) Rising From The Grave
- The Best And Worst Alternative Energy ETFs Of 2012
- Vote For Obama Or Romney With These Commodities
- Top 50 Alternative Energy Blogs
- Which Solar Energy ETF Is Right For You? TAN vs. KWT
- SolarCity IPO On The Horizon