How to Invest in Wind
Wind power involves harnessing the natural energy of wind, and converting and storing this energy into a useful form. Wind energy has traditionally accounted for an insignificant portion of global energy usage, but the market share of this source has grown significantly in recent years.
Wind is not a traditional commodity, as it is not tangible in nature and cannot be owned directly. But the success of wind power and demand for this power source has a direct impact on the prices of a number of commodities, ranging from energy resources to agricultural goods.
Direct investments in wind are obviously not possible, but there are multiple options for those seeking to gain exposure to wind power. One option involves buying stocks of companies engaged in various aspects of the wind power industry; there are also multiple ETFs focusing on this sector.
Ways To Invest In Wind
Wind In The News
- The Best And Worst Alternative Energy ETFs Of 2012
- Top 50 Alternative Energy Blogs
- For Day Traders: The Most Liquid ETF for Every Commodity
- Which Wind Energy ETF Is Right For You? FAN vs. PWND
- For Long Term Investors: The Cheapest ETF for Every Commodity
- Investing in Wind Power: The Definitive Guide
- How a President Romney Could Destroy Alternative Energy Investing
- Why Alternative Energy Will Never Become Widespread (In Our Lifetime)
- 25 Ways To Invest In Alternative Energy
- The Ultimate Guide To Wind Power Investing