What Are Coal ETFs?
While there are no ETFs that offer exposure to physical coal that is extracted from the ground, there are multiple choices for those looking to bet on the coal industry. Coal ETFs include:
- Market Vectors Coal ETF (KOL)
- PowerShares Global Coal Portfolio (PKOL)
Both of these ETFs maintain a global focus, investing in both U.S. and international stocks. Components include coal mining and production companies, mining equipment manufacturers, power generation companies, and entities engaged in coal technology and coal transportation.
Other Ways To Invest In Coal
Coal In The News
- Commodity Growth: All Eyes On China
- 13 High-Yielding Commodities For 2013
- A Deeper Look At Brazil’s Commodity Industry
- Forbes 400 Members Who Got Rich Off Of Commodities
- Time To Buy Coal?
- 4 Investing Opportunites From the Inside Commodities Conference
- How to Build an Energy Bull ETF Portfolio
- 5 Worst-Performing Commodities In 2012
- Three Forgotten Ways To Play The Mining Industry
- Five Commodity MLPs With Sky High Yields