What Are Coal Futures?
Coal futures are available on the NYMEX, and traded under the symbol QLD. Central Appalachian Coal Futures represent 1,550 tons of coal that meets certain quality specifications, including minimum requirements for Btu, ash, sulfur, moisture, and grindability. Contracts are listed for each month in the current year and the next four years.
The market for coal futures can be small, with even contracts in near months exhibiting limited liquidity.
Other Ways To Invest In Coal
Coal In The News
- Commodity Growth: All Eyes On China
- 13 High-Yielding Commodities For 2013
- A Deeper Look At Brazil’s Commodity Industry
- Forbes 400 Members Who Got Rich Off Of Commodities
- Time To Buy Coal?
- 4 Investing Opportunites From the Inside Commodities Conference
- How to Build an Energy Bull ETF Portfolio
- 5 Worst-Performing Commodities In 2012
- Three Forgotten Ways To Play The Mining Industry
- Five Commodity MLPs With Sky High Yields