What Are Gasoline Futures?
RBOB gasoline futures are not quite as liquid as contracts representing WTI, but the market for exposure to this blend of oil is very liquid. RBOB gasoline futures are traded on the NYMEX under the symbol RB. Contracts represent 42,000 gallons, priced in dollars and cents per gallon. Contract months include 36 consecutive months.
The settlement for RBOB gasoline futures is physical, though there is a separate market for futures that are subject to financial settlement. Those contracts also trade on the NYMEX, under the symbol RT.
Other Ways To Invest In Gasoline
Gasoline In The News
- The 5 Best Commodities of 2012
- The Best And Worst Energy ETFs Of 2012
- 10 Ways to Invest in Fracking
- Breaking Down the Cost of a Gallon of Gas
- 3 Commodity ETFs To Be Thankful For This Year
- Gasoline Futures Catch Fire
- All About The Gasoline ETF (UGA)
- For Day Traders: The Most Liquid ETF for Every Commodity
- For Long Term Investors: The Cheapest ETF for Every Commodity
- Top 5 Global Oil Stocks by Market Cap