What Are Lead Futures?
Lead futures are traded on the London Metal Exchange (LME), where prices are quoted in U.S. dollars and cents per metric ton. LME lead futures are traded in lot sizes of 25 tonnes, which is the equivalent of approximately 55,000 pounds.
Lead must be ingots of 99.97% purity (minimum) conforming to BS EN 12659:1999. The contract code for LME lead futures is PB. Clearable currencies include U.S. dollar, yen, sterling, and euro.
Additional lead futures resources:
- See complete LME lead futures contract specifications
- Full details of LME lead futures: PDF
- Margin information
Other Ways To Invest In Lead
Lead In The News
- Industrial Metals Lose Their Luster
- The Best and Worst Industrial Metals ETFs of 2012
- For Day Traders: The Most Liquid ETF for Every Commodity
- For Long Term Investors: The Cheapest ETF for Every Commodity
- Investing in Lead: The Definitive Guide
- The 5 Minute Guide to Lead ETFs
- Which Lead ETF Is Right For You? LD vs. LEDD
- Ultimate Guide To Lead Investing
- Welcome to Commodity HQ