What Are Palladium Futures?
Palladium futures are traded on the NYMEX under the symbol PA, with each contract representing 100 troy ounces of the metal and priced in U.S. dollars and cents per troy ounce. Trading is conducted over 15 months beginning with the current month and the next two calendar months before moving into the quarterly cycle of March, June, September, and December.
Palladium futures are for physical delivery, and delivery may take place on any business day beginning on the first business day of the delivery month or any subsequent business day of the delivery month, but not later than the last business day of the current delivery month.
Palladium delivered under NYMEX futures contracts must be a minimum of 99.95% pure.
Resources for palladium futures include:
Other Ways To Invest In Palladium
Palladium In The News
- A Deeper Look At Russia’s Commodity Industry
- Contango Report: Commodities Facing Uphill Curves
- Why Palladium May Be This Year’s Gold
- Sprott Debuts Physical Platinum-Palladium Fund
- Physical White Metals ETF (WITE): Two Years Later
- Inside Citi’s 2013 Precious Metals Outlook
- 3 Metals Outshining Gold
- PIMCO Recommends Hard Commodities to Weather Inflation
- For Day Traders: The Most Liquid ETF for Every Commodity
- For Long Term Investors: The Cheapest ETF for Every Commodity