What Are Platinum Futures?
Platinum futures trade on the CME under the symbol PL. These contracts trade in sizes of 50 troy ounces each and are priced in U.S. dollars and cents per troy ounce. Trading terminates on the third last business day of the delivery month and settlement is physical and the platinum must be at least 99.95% pure. Trading is conducted over 15 months with the current month and the next two calendar months before moving to a quarterly cycle of January, April, July, and October.
Additional platinum resources include:
Other Ways To Invest In Platinum
Platinum In The News
- A Deeper Look At Russia’s Commodity Industry
- Contango Report: Commodities Facing Uphill Curves
- Platinum Coins: A Trillion Dollar Blunder
- The 5 Best Commodities of 2012
- Sprott Debuts Physical Platinum-Palladium Fund
- Physical White Metals ETF (WITE): Two Years Later
- Inside Citi’s 2013 Precious Metals Outlook
- 3 Metals Outshining Gold
- PIMCO Recommends Hard Commodities to Weather Inflation
- Gold, Copper, Platinum Stuck In Contango