What Are Silver Futures?
Silver futures are traded on the COMEX division of the NYMEX under the ticker SI. Contracts represent 5,000 troy ounces of the precious metal, and are priced in U.S. dollars and cents per troy ounce. Trading is conducted for delivery during the current calendar month; the next two calendar months; any January, March, May, and September falling within a 23-month period; and any July and December falling within a 60-month period beginning with the current month.
Additional resources on silver futures:
Other Ways To Invest In Silver
Silver In The News
- Contango Report: Natural Gas, Silver, Wheat Face Rising Prices
- Silver Whiplash Likely, Ahead Of Major Support
- Precious Metals Look Golden For Market Bears
- 2013 Commodity Trades You Wish You Made
- Silver Slaughtered By Selling Pressures
- A Brief 2000-Year History Of Copper Prices
- Silver Wheaton (SLW) Ready For Comeback
- Silver Slips As Economy Roars Forward
- Contango Report: Commodities Facing Uphill Curves
- Commodity Alert: Obama And Bernanke Sing The Budget Blues