Crude oil trading is without a doubt the most common commodity activity in the world. Be it hedging, speculation, or simply a means of obtaining exposure, crude oil trading is a mainstay for a number of commodity investors. From a more practical standpoint, crude oil reaches into everything from our transportation costs, to producing plastics, and even makes an appearance in some cosmetic products.
Crude is arguably the most significant asset in the world for the time being, so it comes as no surprise to see its massive prevalence as a financial instrument. For those looking to stay up to date on crude oil futures and the commodity’s overall environment, we outline seven blogs to help give you a leg up on this hard asset.
- Oil and Gas: This blog is heavily geared towards the investing side of the equation, though it still features a fair amount of news pieces about the fossil fuel. It should be noted that natural gas traders will also love this resource as it offers great info on NG. Great article: Oil Field Services: 3 Ways To Invest in the Oil Sands.
- World Oil: World oil does exactly what the title says; provides an all-encompassing view on crude oil as a global commodity rather than its relation to any one country or region. Articles are primarily focused on breaking news rather than trading trends, but it will be a vital source for keeping up with the fast-paced world of crude. Great article: What’s new in artificial lift?
- Crude Oil Trader: This site offers a good mix of news and data, giving a broad view of the commodity. The blog may appeal more to those who are interested in the technical side of things, as it features sections dedicated to options trading signals among other indicators. Great article: Rising Production in the Permian Basin.
- Oilprice.com: Oilprice offers a stellar mix of crude oil news and data to ensure that you have the best information available at your fingertips. While it aims to be the leader in developments concerning the fossil fuel, it also carries data on related commodities. Great article: The Oil Glut is Not Real.
- Rigzone: This blog is a news-based resource that slices its articles into “Worldwide News” and “North America News” to better segment its data. Great article: US Investor Dollars Beckon Foreign MLPS
- Oil & Gas Journal: Provides great insight to the oil and gas industry with various contributors covering anything from exploration to government developments. Great Post: Quick Supply Change a Vital Factor in Oil Market Recovery.
- Platts: This blog aims to provide both news and analysis for investors of crude. Great article: Norway, Russia on collision course over Artic oil drilling.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.