Investing in silver is among the more popular strategies for commodity allocations. The precious metal provides a safe haven outlet, but also has a fair amount of use in the industrial world, making it a more practical investment for some.
Though it is largely overshadowed by gold bugs and the yellow metal, silver is still one of the most heavily traded commodities in the world. For those looking for trading ideas, investing strategies, or even the best places to buy silver, some of the best resources to utilize are forums. Using forums will require a bit of scouring (certainly not everything that is posted is relevant), but they can be excellent sources for traders and investors to share ideas with one another.
Below, we outline the top 20 silver forums to help give you a leg up when it comes to making an allocation to this popular metal.
- Reddit Silverbugs: A very active forum about all things silver.
- The Silver Forum: This site has multiple forums including ones about gold, general precious metals, and international markets, but by far the most popular is silver.
- Silver Doctors: With the tagline “Restoring Your Financial Health”, this forum features sections focused on breaking news, silver as a commodity, silver in IRA’s, and even resources where one can purchase the metal.
- Silver Salon Forums: This site is a collection of various forums focused on silver, allowing users to pick and choose more granular topics to explore.
- Silver Collector: This forum is not meant for traders, but rather for those who are investing in physical silver and want to know everything about caring for physical bullion.
- SilverSeek: This forum features posts on the overall market of silver, physical coins, and even regular articles about the overall industry surrounding the precious asset.
- Yahoo! Finance SLV Message Board: The iShares Silver Trust (SLV) is one of the most popular ways to add silver allocations to your portfolio. The message board on the Yahoo! Finance website is an extremely active location for traders to share thoughts and ideas on the fund.
- Coin Talk: This forum focuses on physical bullion for those wishing to buy both silver and gold coins.
- Coin Community Family: Another forum whose users are heavily focused on silver coins and issues such as where to bury your holdings to keep them safe.
- Dream Team Money: A forum focused on all things investing, DTM has a segment set aside for those interested in silver trading and investing.
- 925-1000: “Hallmarks Database and Silver Research” is the goal of this forum that will keep you up to date on the physical side of investing in this precious metal.
- TopStocks: Though not as active as some of the other resources on this list, TopStocks has a dedicated silver community who enjoy discussing their favorite precious metal.
- Investing.com: A highly visited silver blog with helpful input.
- Silver Strategies: An open forum for those considering an investment in silver.
- TreasureNet: A forum that focuses mainly on bullion and physical exposure, but also features some information for traders and more active investors.
- Collectors Universe: Geared towards physical investors of any kind, this forum has amassed a dedicated silver fan base who regularly post about the commodity.
- PM Bug: This forum focuses on all of the precious metals, but features an active silver audience.
- Kitco: A big name in the investing world, Kitco has some of the most active threads of any forum on this list that focus on various aspects of both gold and silver.
- T2W: Another very active forum that provides a nice outlet for those wishing to discuss trading strategies and analysis of gold and silver.
- Stocks2Own: Though this forum will focus on the broad stock market as a whole, it has a small niche for silver investors and those wishing to discuss securities related to the commodity.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.