Energy investing is one of the most lucrative commodity sectors as these assets tend to exhibit the high volatility that active traders desire. But trying to keep up with these assets can be a tall order and there seems to be endless news and issues surrounding energy commodities.
As such, we scoured the internet world to find the best resources for energy futures. Below, we list the 25 best sites to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information at your fingertips.
The following resources focus on the broad energy sector as a whole.
- Energy Futures Update: This blog focuses on breaking news and trends concerning the entire energy industry.
- RBN Energy: This site has a heavy focus on trading updates and technicals for those looking to make active plays.
- Price Market Insights: Though this blog focuses on more than just commodities, it features regular updates on oil and the surrounding industry.
- IFF Energy: This is a website specifically designed to teach traders how to better utilize derivatives and other options.
- Daniels Trading: Important news is covered by this useful website that also publishes monthly round-ups for investors.
- Fuel Fix: A site maintained by the Houston Chronicle covering all things related to fossil fuel.
- Oil and Gas: A thorough website with a heavy focus on natural gas and crude oil.
- Oil Price: Though it focuses on crude, this site will provide insights on the entire energy industry.
- Energy Exchange: A commodity website with good information on crude oil and natural gas.
- Investment U: Focusing on all things investing, this blog features regular updates concerning various assets under the energy umbrella.
- Bloomberg: One of the best-known sites for finance, Bloomberg not only has futures prices, but also contains a healthy news section.
- Money Morning: A great broad finance resource that also features strong commentary on the energy industry.
- Investor Ideas: Another broad site that has a strong energy section.
- Investing Daily: This site features a number of news pieces related to the overall energy industry.
- Energy Outlook: A blog that provides useful insights into the complex world of energy.
The following resources focus on both WTI and Brent crude oil.
- Crude Oil Futures Update: This blog is geared towards technical patterns and trading techniques.
- The Crude Oil Trader: This blog take a more macro, news-based approach to crude oil and its pricing.
- Platts: This site features a crude-oil focused section that is chock full of news and updates.
- World Oil: A site with a global view on this vital fossil fuel.
The following resources are dedicated to natural gas.
- American Gas Association: A great resource for natural gas news.
- About Natural Gas: Another resource website, this blog, run by Exxon Mobil, offers compelling research and information on natural gas.
- Gas Investing News: With constant updates and news pieces, this site will be one of your best resources for all things NG.
The following resources are dedicated to alternative energy.
- Alt Energy Stocks: This blog features regular commentary and news stories concerning the entire renewable energy space.
- Alternative Energy News: A great news source for all things alternative energy.
- IHS The Energy Daily: A great news source on the alternative energy sector including important developments in business.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.