Crude oil has, arguably, the widest global presence of any commodity currently in existence. As such, crude is also one of the most popular investments in the world, as commodity traders love to use this fossil fuel to make speculative plays on its volatile movements.
In order to make proper trades on the fast-paced oil industry, investors must stay on top of developing news and breaking trends. One of the best ways to keep updates on crude oil markets and trends is to utilize Twitter. It may be difficult for some to view Twitter as a viable source for trading info, but there are a number of professionals who aim their tweets at keeping their followers in-the-know. Below, we outline 10 must-follow crude oil Tweeple to give you the best information for your commodity trades.
- @Oil_Trader: This account is based in Houston and features consistent updates on crude prices as well as news surrounding the commodity.
- @RigData: According to its description, RigData is the oil and gas industry’s trusted source for accurate and timely reporting on drilling activity in the U.S., Canada and GOM. Its 17,000+ followers aren’t too shabby either.
- @PlattsOil: One of the most active accounts on this list, Platts focuses on both news and technical indicators of both crude oil and natural gas.
- @Oil_and_Gas: This Twitter handle, featuring more than 70,000 followers, is heavily focused on news and developments concerning this vital energy resource .
- @OilandGasInvest: This account takes an analytical approach to this commodity by providing key commentary on a regular basis.
- @WorldOil: This account will offer daily tweets about the biggest developments in the global crude market.
- @tradingcrudeoil: A trader’s delight, this account will feature actionable ideas for making crude investments.
- @EnergyTomorrow: Though it does not focus solely on crude, this account will detail valuable insights on the overall energy industry.
- @exxonmobil: While it may be slightly biased, there is certainly no harm in following the world’s largest oil and gas company.
- @CommodityHQ: Last but certainly not least, following our Twitter feed will provide you with great details on the crude world and developments on its price movements.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our free daily commodity investing newsletter.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.