The past few years have seen gold’s popularity (and its respective price) rise to new highs as investors have begun to adopt this commodity as a part of their long-term investing strategy. For those looking for trading ideas, investing strategies, or even the best places to buy gold, some of the best resources to utilize are forums.
Using forums will require a bit of scouring (certainly not everything that is posted is relevant), but they can be excellent sources for traders and investors to share ideas with one another. Below, we outline the top 25 gold forums to help give you a leg up when it comes to making an allocation to this popular metal.
The forums below fall under the umbrella of general gold investing.
- Gold Investing Strategies: This forum offers an arsenal of gold links and discussions to help keep you up to date on the precious metal [for more gold news subscribe to our free newsletter].
- Buy Gold Co.: This forum is geared towards physical investors looking to get the most out of their bullion and coins.
- Gold Eagle: This forum has a relatively active but niche user base who enjoy interacting with each other. Simply put, if you want to pick someone’s brain on gold, this may be a great place to start.
- CometGold: This is another forum that focuses on user interaction more than anything else. Posts typically concern the general gold market and where people think the commodity is heading.
- USA Gold: This forum is not meant for user posts as much as it is for the constant news updates that are provided from the host, keeping you up to date with gold trends and breaking news.
- Investing.com: This website provides users with live information from various industries. The gold forum is very active with lots of intra-day commentary on the live gold feed.
- Gold is Money: A forum dedicated to gold and silver whose users are extremely active and opinionated on their favorite precious metals.
- GoldSilverChat: While most of the focus is on gold and silver, its users will often engage in general discussions about the economy, politics and debt.
- Coin Talk: This forum focuses on physical bullion for those wishing to buy both silver and gold coins.
- PM Bug: This forum focuses on all of the precious metals, but features an active gold audience.
- Kitco: A big name in the investing world, Kitco has some of the most active threads of any forum on this list that focus on various aspects of both gold and silver.
- Coin Community Family: Another forum whose users are heavily focused on gold coins and things like where to bury your holdings to keep them safe.
- TopGoldForum: This forum is geared towards traders and those who prefer to establish their exposure utilizing financial instruments.
- Gold-Silver.US: Popular among both gold and silver bugs, this forum focuses on both trading and physical gold investing.
- Collectors Universe: Geared towards physical investors of any kind, this forum has amassed a dedicated gold fan base who regularly post about the commodity.
- TreasureNet: A forum that focuses mainly on bullion and physical exposure, but also features some information for traders and more active investors.
The forums below are dedicated to prospecting and those who are passionate about hunting for gold on their own time.
- Gold Prospectors Association of America: This forum provides a space for members to ask questions and share ideas about gold prospecting.
- NuggetShooter: This forum focuses on those who choose to individually seek out bullion and look for the next big discovery.
- Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum: According to their byline “gold is like a magnet, once you have found it you want more. We provide the answers to your questions on gold detecting and prospecting”.
- Gold Refining Forum: This forum focuses on the refining of a number of different metals including gold and silver.
- Gold Hog’s Gold Prospecting Forum: This is a moderated gold forum that offers great tips and open conversations on prospecting.
- Arizona Outback’s Prospecting Forum: As one can likely deduce from the title, this forum is for those hunting for gold in the Arizona area.
- Nugget Hunting: A gold prospecting forum for those looking for advice on the best metal detecting gear.
- The New 49ers: Another prospecting forum where users can share tips, tricks, and best practices for finding gold.
- Eastern U.S. Prospectors Forum: A prospecting resource for those residing in the eastern states.